Sunday, April 26, 2009

Shaolin-Do; any comments?

Just wondering if anyone had an comments or opinions of Shaolin-Do. The history intrests me (a chinese martial art that has a good reason for japanese tradition), but it seems to be heavily critisized. Any thoughts or opinions about the style I wanna know. Might be joining a school soon and want to know everything I can.

Shaolin-Do; any comments?
I can only go on what I have heard. I have heard it is cult like. It has created various styles and forms claiming they are older. The school usesd both Japanese and Chinese components I guess which is odd by itself. It used to be on the Kung Fu forumn if you brought up Shaolin do you got a lot of responses. Ask there. Bullshido also likes to say things about the art. Check it out


Personally, I wouldn't do that... better of with MMA, boxing, kick boxing, American Kenpo Karate, bjj, etc.
Reply:There is a lot of BS surrounding the art, I don't have any personal experience, but I've not really heard anything good about it.





IMO when a art can't even figure out if it is Chinese or Japanese something has gone wrong.





Shaolin - Chinese


do - Japanese


Claim to be kung fu, yet wear japanese uniforms and use Japanese rank





Not to mention the history that sounds like a carnival side show story. Baby with wolfman disease abandoned in the forest as a baby as his parents thought he was a demon, stumbled upon by monks who trained him into a grandmaster....

wallflower

No comments:

Post a Comment